MTSU Campus Recreation
The Recreation Center at Middle Tennessee State University is an incredible facility! The Recreation Center offers students, faculty, and staff the best opportunities for sport, recreation, and fitness in the area. We operate 6 basketball/volleyball courts, 6 racquetball courts, a three-lane indoor track, a 4,000-square-foot aerobic room, and more than 21,000 square feet of free weights, cardiovascular machines, and functional fitness equipment. The Recreation Center also features an indoor 12 lane swimming pool with water slide and diving board, an outdoor 4 lane swimming pool and a sundeck adjacent to four grass volleyball courts. There is also an indoor soccer arena, a rock-climbing wall, a low ropes/challenge course, and two outdoor field complexes. We are excited about what we can offer you and hope you will take full advantage of all the fitness and recreational opportunities available to you at MTSU.
Campus Recreation’s mission is to serve and educate the MTSU community with recreational opportunities to promote healthy lifestyles in a safe environment.
Consistent with the mission of Campus Recreation, the Recreation Center seeks to complement the academic goals of the University by encouraging the physical, emotional, and social growth of individuals by facilitating the development of skills in leisure activities and lifetime sports.
- Provide Students with Access to Recreational programs and services.
- Provide Modern, state of the art recreational facilities and Equipment.
Exercise is Medicine on Campus Member
Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.
- Visit the MTSU Exercise is Medicine webpage