Career Events for Students
Details: Thursday, September 30, 2021 | 12-3pm | MTSU Murphy Center
Meet the Firms - Thursday, September 9, 2021 | 5-7pm | Student Union Ballroom
Engineering Technology Fair - Thursday, September 23, 2021 | 2-5pm | James Union Building Tennessee Room
Concrete & Construction Management Fair - Wednesday October 6, 2021 | Time TBD | Student Union Ballroom
Risk Management & Insurance Career Fair - Thursday, October 28, 2021 | 2-5pm | BAS Southside Lobby
Career Fair Tips for Students
The Career Development Center can help you prepare for events with employers. We have several infographics along with workshops that will set you up for success. We also invite you to schedule a meeting with your career advisor for individual career fair coaching!
- Dress for Success
- Elevator Pitch
- Career Fair Do's and Don'ts
- How to Introduce Yourself to Employers
- Career Fair ABCs
View Handshake's comprehensive guide on how to sign up for meetings with employers, test your technology, and tips on virtual fair etiquette.
Employers will post open positions and meeting schedules. You can register for a group session to hear employer opportunities, and also 1:1 appointments for a personal meeting.
- Review our Resume Guide & submit your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org for revisions.
- Complete your Handshake profile and periodically review registered employers and schedule sessions.
- Log-in to Big Interview and practice your interviewing skills.
- Prior to the event, test your webcam and audio to ensure all is working (use Chrome or Firefox).
- Find a job and internship in your field!