The Career Development Center has resources to assist you with your job search even
after you have graduated.
We offer the full extent of our services to all MTSU alumni, including both our online and in-person resources!
Online Free Tools for Job Search
The #1 way for college students to search for jobs and internships. MTSU proudly started collaborating with Handshake in 2020 to provide MTSU students and alumni with 1000+ opportunities in job searches and events hosted by companies locally and nationally.
Via Handshake, MTSU students and alumni can:
- Create attractive, professional profiles
- Attend virtual events hosted by employers and MTSU
- Get recruited for the jobs that meet your skill set
The CareerShift search tool returns results from every career site and job board. Save and organize
relevant jobs that meet your search criteria, whether you search by job title, company
name, keywords, or location. You can also get up-to-date contact information, including email addresses, for millions of companies; access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs; and record, save and store your correspondence
history records automatically. View our tip sheets below for more information!
Using CareerShift for Networking
Using CareerShift for Your Job Search
The Career Development Center is excited to bring the Big Interview platform to the MTSU campus community. Big Interview is an online interview preparation platform that combines training and practice to help improve skills and build confidence.
Individual Career Advising
Our career advisors are available to work one-on-one with you to provide you with the necessary resources as you create your career plan and develop and implement your job search strategy. Advisors also assist with career decision making and provide interviewing assistance, resume and cover letter feedback, and graduate school application preparation as needed. Find out who your career advisor is here.
What Can I Do with a Major in?
Brief one page guides designed to give you a starting point for connecting careers to majors. View the guide customized for you here.
For community safety, we are currently only offering online career advising meetings.
All meetings can still be scheduled with our Career Advisors, the meetings will just occur either online or over the phone.
Job Application Writing Guides
Career Development Center wants to help you build your job application (resume, cover letter, and reference guide) with professional content. Check out the writing guides below and feel free email our PCAs at email@example.com for further assistance.
Cannot make it for an appointment with us on campus? Take advantage of our Document Drop Program by submitting resumes and cover letters to us by email, and we will return a critique to you electronically within two business days! More info here.
Mark your calendar for career opportunities!
- Career Fairs: The Career Development Center helps run several fairs throughout the year. If you are looking for a job, internship, or co-op position, career fairs are great for connecting active employers with potential employees. All career fairs on this page are free to students and alumni.
- On-campus Recruitment Program (OCR) enables you to interact face to face with employers. On-campus recruitment is conducted throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters. Visit briefly with employer recruiters to discuss opportunities available within their organization through career fairs, interviewing, information tables and other programming designed to connect you with employers.
Visit the MTSU Alumni Association Page!