Schedule an Advising Appointment
**Be sure to go to the correct location for your advisor!**Nursing and majors in the Health & Human Performance department: CKNB 201 All other majors: ACB 140 (Not sure where your major falls? Find out on the "Who is my advisor?" page. Locate your advisor's name based on your major, and check their location.)
Please Note: Your advisor’s available appointment formats (such as in-person, email, phone, or Zoom advising) will be listed in the Additional Details section of the appointment set-up form. The method for scheduling an advising appointment has not changed. Please follow the instructions below and type your format preference in the comments section.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Watch your MTSU email for updated instructions.
- Familiarize yourself with DegreeWorks, the degree-audit system available in your PipelineMT account.
- Zoom, phone, or email appointments: Be ready with computer access, in the event we need to guide you using online resources.
(Want to keep these instructions available while you schedule your appointment? Here's a tip! Right-click on the "Schedule My Appointment!" link and choose "Open in New Window".)
How to schedule your Advising Appointment
- Log into Navigate using your Pipeline credentials. You can also find the "Schedule an Advising Appointment"
link in Pipeline's Registration and Student Records page.
- On the Navigate Homepage, click on the blue "Schedule an Appointment" button found
at the top right of the page.
- Choose Advising as the appointment type.
- Click on the box under Service and start typing your major (or minor if applicable)
to see possible options. Choose the option that best fits you.
- Choose a date, or leave the date as-is to search for the earliest possible appointments.
- Click the blue “Find Available Time” button.
- If you see more than one person listed in the Staff box, choose the applicable advisor.
(Tip: Visit the Academic Advising website; click on your college then on “Who is my advisor” to find your assigned advisor.)
- Choose how you would like to meet
- Choose an appointment day and time from the list on the right. Click on a time bubble
to select that appointment slot.
- Carefully read any notes from your advisor in the Details section. In the comments
box, provide any info they requested, along with any additional info that may be helpful
as they prepare for your appointment.
- Mark whether you want an email and/or text reminder; add your cell phone number if
applicable. (Tip: Your advisor will not receive this info. Be sure to provide any contact info in the comments box also!)
- Click the blue Schedule button to schedule the appointment then watch for a confirmation
email to verify that it went through.