Internships allow students to apply classroom learning to the workplace. The goal of an internship is to better prepare students for careers with professional experience, networking, and developing skills while discovering likes or dislikes for potential career paths.
The goal is for us to find a mutually beneficial relationship for you and the intern to learn and grow from each other. Our Communication Studies students are learning some great skills that can be applied into the workplace, while helping you meet your business needs.
Do you have internships available for an upcoming semester? If so, please contact Dee Priddis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the Intern Request Form below:
Employers: Intern Request Form
Students who want to complete an internship register for COMM 4900. You can earn three credits towards your degree for working 120-hours at an internship while gaining work experience. See our Internship Handbook for additional information on doing an internship for your degree.
Requirements to Earn Internship Credit and Sign up for the Class:
- Have a 2.5 overall GPA and junior status
- Find an internship - opportunities are advertised throughout the semester on our social media pages, our newsletter, and through emails. Additional places to look for internships can be found below.
- Complete the Internship Agreement Form and submit to Dr. Pridds (Dee.Priddis@mtsu.edu).
- Dr. Priddis will give you permission to register or COMM 4900, if the internship meets the requirements (allows you to work at least 120 hours over the course of the term).
Communication Studies Internship Opportunity
The Department of Communication Studies has a one-semester Outreach/Recruitment Internship position available. This is an unpaid internship; however, you can earn three hours of credit by taking COMM4900 course. Please see the Job Description for more information and how to apply for an upcoming semester.
Additional Internship Opportunities
Additional available internships can be found on the:
- MTSU Career Development Center Handshake website
- MTSU's Psychology Department’s list of nonprofits, Center for Student Involvement and Leadership
- Volunteer Rutherford
- Hands On Nashville
- MTSU Career Development Center
- Reach out to our Internship Coordinator, Dr. Priddis at email@example.com.