More than 4,500 alumni and friends make gifts to MTSU every year. Annual gifts provide important support for key priorities that help students, faculty, and alumni.
Places to give/Priorities
- Scholarships are a top priority since about more than half of MTSU’s students have financial need.
- General gifts to enrich the academic colleges for the purchases of needed equipment, student research, special speakers, or other needs beyond the capacity of our state budget.
- The James E. Walker Library is a valued gathering place for students in an environment offering the latest print or digital resources to support academic achievement.
- Support for the Alumni Enrichment Fund promoting networking for students with alumni as well as university outreach to alumni in many locations beyond the campus.
- Student Emergency Funds - Emergency funding for students who encounter an unexpected financial crisis (like a car breakdown, loss of a rent-sharing roomate, or medical hardship) will be crucial as well. Support from alumni like us can leterally make the difference in student coming to school or not and being able to stay in school or not. Visit www.mtsu.edu/give.
Walnut Grove Society
Our leadership annual supporters of $1,000 or more exemplify the legacy of the Walnut Grove, our well-worn gathering place, and more importantly, our symbol of carrying education’s seeds forward to future students. Ever since the day in 1930 when Julius Bayer brought back and planted walnut seeds gathered at President George Washington’s home, the stately walnut trees in our Walnut Grove have stood for paying MTSU forward – seed by seed – graduate to student.
The Walnut Grove Society is rooted in the pride and generosity of friends who will help make sure MTSU offers the best it can to every student, year after year. Walnut Grove Society members support the university program of their choice with an annual gift or series of gifts totaling at least $1,000.00
Giving Days - TRUE BLUE GIVE
TRUE BLUE GIVE 2022 was February 14, 15, 16, 2022.
Over 800 MTSU alumni, faculty and staff, students and friends, from all over the country, came together to give over $630,000 - well above our goal of $500,000 -to support MTSU students by giving to scholarships, emergency funds, athletics, and academics.
MTSU Engagement Center and Student Phonathon
Each fall and spring, alumni are contacted by current MTSU students via calls, video, email or text. Students love to share information about upcoming campus activities and how alumni can help build the future of our University by making a gift.
Gifts made can support any and every program within the University. The future success of MTSU depends on alumni and friends like you. Please answer the call and respond to our MTSU students and help support MTSU!
Are you a student interested in being an MT Engagement Center Representative?
The Engagement Center is in need of confident, well-spoken students who are able to communicate with alumni and friends of MTSU. Your role will be to act as an ambassador of the University and turn that connection into engagement and funding to meet immediate needs here at MTSU.
If you think you would be a great candidate to call on alumni and friends, please fill out the online application here. You must be a currently enrolled student.
For more information, please call Kristen Keene at 615-898-2728 or email email@example.com.
Senior Gift is a long-standing tradition at MTSU. Gifts can be made to anything you love on campus. Since its start more than a decade ago, 9000 seniors have given more than $125,000! The main goal of Senior Gift is participation. We encourage seniors to give $20.22 in honor of their class year, but a gift of ANY gift size is appreciated. Each year, upcoming graduates who give to the Senior Gift Challenge receive a double blue honor cord to wear on their graduation gown and also are acknowledged at the commencement ceremony by MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee.
Visit www.mtsu.edu/supportseniorgift or contact Kristen Keene at 615-898-2728 to make your Senior Gift today.
Faculty and Staff Giving:
As MTSU employees, you commit yourselves every day to making MT a more vital institution. At the same time, your financial contributions allow MTSU to continue its mission to be a comprehensive university that embraces its role as the destination of choice for Tennessee undergraduates.
- Have a huge impact on students through scholarship support, as about 94% of MTSU’s students have financial need.
- Enrich your academic department and colleges for the purchases of needed equipment, student research, special speakers, or other needs beyond the capacity of our state budget.
- Support the James E. Walker Library as a valued gathering place for students in an environment offering the latest print or digital resources to support academic achievement.
Whatever the reason and whatever the designation, faculty and staff gifts to the University speak volumes about MTSU as a place for philanthropic investment and show your pride in our institution.
Making a gift provides an opportunity for University employees to help enhance the quality of the University's programs through their financial contributions. Employees can direct their gifts to the college, campus, or program of their choice through a payment option that works best for them, including payroll deduction. Employees can direct contributions to the area of their choice at the University.
Ways to give:
There are several convenient payment options—simply choose the one that is best for
you. In addition to the typical ways to give through check or credit card, employees
can set up a regular payroll deduction.
Payroll deduction —This is an easy, convenient way to spread your gift out over multiple, ongoing payments. Click on the link to go to our payroll deduction page and download a contribution form.
Give online —You can make a credit card gift online anytime.
Check or credit card—Return the contribution form when you receive your faculty and staff fundraising appeal or any other annual fund appeal.
Gift planning —Learn how to earn income, pay fewer taxes, secure your retirement, enhance your net estate, create a personal legacy, or get more from your real estate.