Seminars are typically held on Fridays from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the SunTrust Room (BAS S326). Exceptions are noted on the schedule. Papers are distributed to department members by email. To obtain a copy of a seminar paper or to request a presentation date, please contact Professor Aaron Gamino (email@example.com).
- January 31: Kevin Mullally, University of Central Florida
- March 27: Tim Riley, University of Arkansas
- April 8: Daniel Mangrum, Vanderbilt University
- April 17: William J. Luther, Florida Atlantic University
- April 24: J. Sebastian Leguizamon, Western Kentucky University
- October 18: Joshua Smith, Trevecca Nazarene University
- October 25: Yan Ma, Kobe University
- November 1: Caleb Houston, Mississippi State University
- November 6: Nicholas Clarke, Florida State University
- November 8: Samar Ashour, University of Arkansas
- February 8: Sima Jannati, University of Missouri, "Do Brokerages Benefit from All-Star Females?"
- March 22: Brian Phelan, DePaul University
- March 29: Leonce Bargeron, University of Kentucky
- October 19: David A. Maslar, University of Tennessee, "Secondary Market Trading and the Cost of New Debt Issuance"
- October 26: Russell Jame, University of Kentucky, "The Democratization of Investment Research: Implications for Retail Investor Profitability and Firm Liquidity"
- November 30: Christina DePasquale, Emory University, "Heterogeneity in Hospital Consolidation"
2019 - 2020 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- October 11: Sona Esona, MTSU, "Economic Growth, Size of Government, Judicial System, and Corruption in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA): A Panel Data Analysis"
- November 15: Wisarut Suwanprasert, MTSU
- February 7: Sarah Ji, MTSU, "Human Capital, Investment Riskiness, and Investment Policy"
2018 - 2019 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- September 7: Sara E. Shirley, MTSU, "Gender, Learning, and Overconfidence: Why Females Create More Accurate Earnings Estimates"
- September 21: A.T.M. Sayfuddin, MTSU, "When Green Practices Affect Business Performance: An Investigation into California's Hotel Industry"
- October 5: Elvedin Bijelic, MTSU, "The Impact of Performance and Revenue on University Subsidies: An Analysis of Division I Athletics"
- November 2: Mohammad Movahed, MTSU, "Quality Competition in Restaurants Industry: How Restaurants Respond to Fluctuating of Consumers' Review"
- November 9: Adam Rennhoff, MTSU, "Competition Among States: Evidence from Motion Picture Production Incentives"
- November 16: Benjamin Jansen, MTSU, "Do Analysts Cater to Investor Information Demand?"
- January 18: Ali M. A. Mahmoud, Visiting Scholar MTSU, "The Growth Effect of Education for Low and Middle-Income Countries: The Quantity or the Quality of Education Matters Most?"
- February 15: Estrella Ndrianasy, MTSU, "Naloxone Access Laws and Unintended Effects on the Opioid Crisis: Increase in Overdose Deaths and Drug Abuse"
- March 15: Greg Nagel, MTSU, "Portfolio Impact of External Hiring"