Student of the Week
Oct 4, 2018 - Ubon Inthongxay
My name is Ubon Inthongxay and I am a non-traditional student, here at MTSU. I am a wife, a mother, a full-time employee at Heritage Farms Dairy, and a full-time student. My family is from Laos. Our family originally landed in Houston, TX and then we moved to Northern California, but Murfreesboro, TN has been home to our family for over 30 years. I am an alumnus of Riverdale High School (Go Warriors!) and Motlow State Community College (Go Bucks!). I originally started college in Fall of 1997 at The University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN and found out that I wasn’t ready to settle down and achieve a higher learning degree. So, here I am almost 40 and a Junior at Middle Tennessee State University. I’ve been lucky to have been able to receive a second chance and with the help and support of my family and employer, I hope to obtain my Bachelor’s in Business Management. This journey has been filled with learning opportunities that I will be re-applying once I reach my goal of management. I am a big advocate of second chances. No one is perfect, and we all make mistakes, but learning from our mistakes is an advancement in the right direction. I enjoy working with, helping, and developing other people. Nothing “uplifts” me more than being with my family and eating. I am a huge foodie! Food makes me happy and I love traveling and trying new dishes with my friends and family.
Comments from Peers
- Very attentive, great leader and communicator
- Always gives ideas for discussion
- Great leader in our team. Excellent suggestions and great enthusiasm
- She is the natural leader of the group!
- Always on time to class; keeps us on track as a group
- Always on task and has great examples to real life situations
- Sep 20, 2018 - Jordan Fields
- Sep 13, 2018 - Alex Mueller
- Sep 6, 2018 - Bria Robinson