Financial Aid for Summer 2021
- Requesting financial aid for the Summer term is a separate process from the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Include MTSU on the FAFSA (003510). If you already have a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file, you do not need to complete it again for summer.
- You must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You must be admitted as a degree-seeking student. Transient students are NOT eligible for federal or state financial aid at MTSU.
- Your financial aid budget is based on the number of hours and the part of term for which you are enrolled.
- Contact MTOneStop@mtsu.edu before dropping and/or adding courses. Your financial aid could be affected. This means that you could owe a balance to MTSU.
- Typically, financial aid refunds are available at the start of your first enrolled summer course.
- Until Spring 2021 grades are posted and continuing eligibility is determined, students may not be able to use federal financial aid to confirm enrollment by May 12 for summer classes.
- May 12 at noon is the date / time that Summer Lottery Scholarship awarding will begin for students that are determined to be eligible. Please note: it may take several days for all awards to be made.
- May 12 is the first fee payment confirmation deadline. Click here for additional fee payment deadlines.
- May 20 by 4:00 pm is the priority appeal deadline for the Summer 2021 term. Please visit the Financial Aid Appeals page for more information.
- June 17 is the last date to register for a class or submit the Summer Lottery Transfer Notification Form. After this date, there is no guarantee that you will receive a Lottery Scholarship for the Summer term.
- June 30 is the deadline to complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for Summer 2021.
- July 9 is the census date. Your financial aid may be adjusted based on the number of hours enrolled as of the census date.
- July 30 is the last day to apply for a loan. Please visit the forms page to submit a loan request.
Click on the topics below for more information on how Summer 2021 financial aid is awarded.