So-called “cancel culture” is not a new phenomenon, particularly when it comes to American comic strips, Free Speech Center Director Ken Paulson explains in USA Today.
'Cancel culture' not a new thing
Explore The First Amendment Encyclopedia
The First Amendment Encyclopedia collection has more than 1,500 articles on First Amendment topics, court cases and history. Browse our table of contents and learn more about searching and using the encyclopedia.
- Wis. high court's open-records ruling decried as gutting law
- Free Speech Center newsletter - 7/6/22
- New N.Y. law on ‘hateful conduct’ on social media has First Amendment flaw
- New history of free speech has lessons that ring true today
- Ida B. Wells: newspaper editor who crusaded against lynchings
- New edition: A Companion to the United States Constitution and its Amendments