Important Forms and Schedules
- Schedule of Courses by Semester 2022-2026
- Upper Division Forms (Requires Advisor and Department Chair Signatures)
- Student Schedule of Courses by Semester to Complete Courses Required on Upper Division Form
- Geoscience Course Prerequisites
- Intent to Graduate Form (Must be submitted with Upper Division Form)
- Drop/Add/Late Registration Form
- Course Substitution Form (Requires Advisor and Department Chair Signature
Click the image above to see a larger version.
Dr. Mark Abolins teaches a course about earthquakes and folded and fractured rocks (Geol 4080/5080 Structural Geology), a Field Methods in Geology course (Geol 3050), and an on-line course about caves (Geol 3040 Geoscience of Caves). His research foci include (a) the development of caves within folded and fractured rocks, (b) the geology of continental interiors, and (c) the accuracy of geologic maps. In the computer sphere, he uses geographic information system (GIS) software and Midland Valley MOVE structural geology software in teaching and research. He has incorporated state-of-the-art local and global LiDAR (light detection and ranging) elevation datasets into his work.