Academic Probation / Suspension
The minimum Overall GPA required to graduate is 2.00. An undergraduate student failing to meet one of the following standards during any term will be placed on academic probation for the subsequent term:
- attain a 2.00 GPA for the current semester, or
- meet one of the following retention standards:
- if you have 0 - 29.99 overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 1.50 Overall Combined GPA
- if you have 30 - 49.99 overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 1.80 Overall Combined GPA
- if you have 50 or more overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 2.00 Overall Combined GPA
If you are on academic probation and don’t meet one of the above standards the next term in which you’re enrolled, you will be will be suspended. The first time you are suspended, it’s for one semester (not including summer) and any subsequent suspensions will be for 2 semesters (not including summer). Students previously suspended are not eligible for probationary status and will be suspended again each semester you don’t meet the retention standards.
The Academic Appeals Commitee will meet Wednesday, January 9. The deadline to submit an appeal packet for review to return for Spring 2019 is Monday, January 7 at 4:00 p.m. The undergraduate academic appeal procedures and appeal form are available here.
Appeals for graduate level students are handled by the Graduate Office (615) 898-2840.
|Term||deadline for returning appeal form||appeals committee meets||results available|
|SPRING 2019||Monday, January 7||January 9 | 9:00 a.m.||
No later than the morning of, January 10
The final decision of the Academic Appeals Committee will be posted in PipelineMT, and a message will be sent to the student's mtmail email address as soon as all paperwork is processed.