Our Response to COVID-19: GRE, GMAT Test Waivers and Temporary $1.00 Application Fee
Retool Your Skills And Earn Your Graduate Degree from MTSU
The College of Graduate Studies at Middle Tennessee State University is one of the fastest-growing graduate schools in Tennessee and is also heavily focused on our student successes, research opportunities, and life-changing career outcomes for our students. Employers all over the state and region continue to hire qualified graduate students from MTSU for their expansive knowledge, motivated drive, and research-based problem-solving abilities.
Right now, MTSU is making it more affordable for students to enroll in the College of Graduate Studies by offering scholarships, assistantships, and a temporary $1 application fee.
For International Graduate applicants, if you participate in an upcoming Webinar, we will refund you $34 of the $35 application fee after receiving your application. Register here for a webinar. Please keep in mind it will take roughly 6 weeks for us to refund the amount to you once we receive your application.
Below are programs temporarily waiving the GRE, GMAT, and other admission test requirements for Summer/Fall 2021 applications.
This waiver is not guaranteed for semesters after fall 2021. Programs continue to be added to this page; please return to this site frequently for the most up-to-date information. There may be additional requirements that must be met to be eligible for the waiver.
You may find additional information for these and other programs on our Degrees and Programs page.
Please check with your intended program to discuss all admissions requirements.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- Computer Science*
- Engineering Technology - Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technology - Occupational Health & Safety
- Mathematics - Actuarial & Financial Mathematics
- Mathematics - General Mathematics
- Mathematics - Industrial Mathematics
- Mathematics - Mathematics Education
- Mathematics - Research Preparation
- Professional Science - Actuarial Science
- Professional Science - Biostatistics
- Professional Science - Biotechnology
- Professional Science - Engineering Management
- Professional Science - Fermentation Science
- Professional Science - Health Care Informatics
- Computational Science
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
- Psychology - Quantitative Psychology
- Criminal Justice Administration*
- Public Health - Community Health
- Nursing - Advanced Practice: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Social Work - Advanced Generalist Social Work Practice*
College of Education
Applicants are still required to separately meet the admissions criteria to the MTSU’s teacher education program, if applicable.
- Curriculum and Instruction - Culture, Cognition, and the Learning Process
- Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above to receive waiver)
- Administration and Supervision - Agriculture Education Leadership
- Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Leadership (Letters of Recommendation Required)
- Special Education - Mildly/Moderately Disabled Students
- Special Education - Severly/Profoundly Disabled Students
- Library Science*
College of Liberal Arts
- History - Public History*
- International Affairs*
- Liberal Arts*
- Foreign Languages - French
- Foreign Languages - German
- Foreign Languages - Spanish
- Music - Collaborative Piano Specialization*
- Music - Conducting Specialization*
- Music - Jazz Studies Specialization*
- Music - Music Composition for Contemporary Media Specialization*
- Music - Music Composition Specialization*
- Music - Music Education Specialization*
- Music - Musicology Specialization*
- Music - Performance Specialization*
- Public History*
College of Media and Entertainment
- Media and Communication
- Professional Studies - Human Resources Leadership
- Professional Studies - Leadership in Nutrition
- Professional Studies - Operations Research
- Professional Studies - Strategic Leadership
- Professional Studies - Training and Development
*GRE/GMAT scores nor a waiver are required for acceptance into these programs.
Ready To Take The Next Step?
Apply Today To Become A Part of the Graduate Community.