Our Response to COVID-19: Approved Programs with Admission Test Waivers
Below are programs temporarily waiving the GRE, GMAT, and other admission test requirements for Spring 2021 applications.
This waiver is not guaranteed for semesters after spring 2021. Programs continue to be added to this page; please return to this site frequently for the most up-to-date information. There may be additional requirements that must be met to be eligible for the waiver.
You may find additional information for these and other programs on our Degrees and Programs page.
Please check with your intended program to discuss all admissions requirements.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
- Horse Science - Equine Education
- Horse Science - Equine Physiology
- Horse Science - Industry Management
- Professional Science - Actuarial Sciences
- Professional Science - Biostatistics
- Professional Science - Biotechnology
- Professional Science - Engineering Management
- Professional Science - Fermentation Sciences
- Professional Science - Health Care Informatics
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
- Criminal Justice Administration*
- Public Health - Community Health
- Public Health - Physical Activity
- Social Work - Advanced Generalist Social Work Practice*
College of Business
- Finance (GPA must be 2.75 or higher for waiver eligibility.)
- Management - Organizational Leadership Management**
- Management - Social Innovation & Not-For-Profit Management**
- Management - Supply Chain management**
**Management applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and/or 5-years professional or military experience and/or a prior graduate or professional degree to qualify for the waiver.
College of Education
Applicants are still required to separately meet the admissions criteria to the MTSU’s teacher education program, if applicable.
- Assessment, Learning, and Student Success - Higher Education
- Assessment, Learning, and Student Success - School Improvement
- Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling (GPA must be 3.0 or higher for waiver eligibility.)
- Professional Counseling - School Counseling (GPA must be 3.0 or higher for waiver eligibility.)
- Administration & Supervision - Agricultural Education Leadership
- Curriculum & Instruction - Non Licensure Online
- Curriculum & Instruction - Secondary Education Licensure Path
- Special Education - Mildly/Moderately Disabled Students
- Special Education - Severely/Profoundly Disabled Students
College of Liberal Arts
- History - Public History*
- International Affairs
- Liberal Arts*
- Sociology (If applying for a GA position, the GRE is recommended)
- Music - Collaborative Piano Specialization*
- Music - Conducting Specialization*
- Music - Jazz Studies Specialization*
- Music - Music Composition for Contemporary Media Specialization*
- Music - Music Composition Specialization*
- Music - Music Education Specialization*
- Music - Musicology Specialization*
- Music - Performance Specialization*
- Public History*
College of Media and Entertainment
- Media and Communication
Portfolio is required.
- Professional Studies - Human Resources Leadership*
- Professional Studies - Leadership in Nutrition*
- Professional Studies - Strategic Leadership*
- Professional Studies - Training and Development*
**GRE/GMAT scores nor a waiver are required for acceptance into these programs.