Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Preparation Workshop
Registration for the April session is closed.
- April 5-7, 2019
- Friday: 4:00-8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 - 8:00 p.m.
BAS (Business and Aerospace Building) Room S137E
Each semester, the College of Graduate Studies offers a special, weekend workshop
to assist individuals who are preparing to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
This intensive, small-group workshop is designed to help test-takers brush up on their
test taking skills, review materials for the verbal and quantitative sections of the
exam, and practice by taking full length practice tests. The workshop consists of
over 15 hours of instruction and practice over a single weekend. Workshop instructors
are MTSU faculty members with experience preparing students for success on the GRE.
This workshop is designed for both the first time test taker and those individuals who want to improve their score. The cost for this workshop is $200, which is less than half of what others charge. Since seating is limited, payment is due at the time of registration in order to reserve your space. Refunds may be requested in writing before the workshop begins. No refunds will be given once the workshop begins. Participants should make arrangements to attend all sessions of the workshop.
Total Cost: $200
- The workshop begins on Friday afternoon (4:00 - 8:00p.m.) with an overview of the workshop, structure and components of the exam itself, and general test taking strategies. This is followed by the first full-length practice test.
- Saturday is a full day (9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.), consisting of review and practice for the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam.
- The workshop concludes on Sunday (1:00 - 8:00 p.m.) with one final session of quantitative and an in-depth introduction to the increasingly important analytical writing review, followed by completion of a scored analytical writing exam. The workshop concludes with a final, full-length GRE practice exam providing additional practice and feedback to workshop participants. An optional Analytical Writing Practice will be held from 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Two full-length GRE tests (at the beginning and conclusion of the workshop)
- An optional Analytical Writing Practice session
- Minimum 4 hours of instruction and review for the Verbal Reasoning component
- Minimum 5 hours of instruction and review for the Quantitative Reasoning component
- Minimum 2.5 hours of instruction and review for the Analytical Writing component
- Special session on test taking strategies
- Each participant receives ScoreItNow Analytical Writing package
- Expert Instructors
- GRE Test Preparation Book
- Multiple Handouts
- Lunch on Saturday
What to Bring
Yourself and a pen or pencil. All other materials are included in the cost of the
Other Important Information
Refund Requests: Because we understand that life happens, students may decide to cancel their seat at the workshop and request a refund up to 5 business days before the workshop begins. In order to do this, send an email to Kathy Green (email@example.com) with the subject "Refund Request." For the April session, this means you must request your refund by close of business on Friday, March 29th.
In order for the workshop to occur, at least 25 students must register. If 25 students have not registered by close of business on March 29th, the workshop will be cancelled and refunds will be issued.
Important Note To GRE Test-Takers:
The GRE Repeating Policy has recently changed. Information from ETS directly addresses the question of repeating a GRE test:
Individuals can take the GRE revised General Test (computer-based and paper-based) only once every 30 days, and no more than five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period. This applies even if the test taker canceled his or her scores on a test taken previously. Individuals who take only the paper-based GRE revised General Test or a GRE Subject Test can take the tests as often as they are offered.