Transfer Fellowship Application Process
2020-2021 Honors Transfer Fellowship Application
This application may only be submitted online.
Deadline February 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time
The Honors Transfer Fellowship, limited to 30 students per year, is the highest academic award given to transfer students at Middle Tennessee State University.
Honors Transfer Fellows, who must complete a separate application process, receive a host of special benefits including $3,500 per semester (for students classified as in-state for tuition purposes; $7,000 per semester for out-of-state students) for up to four semesters (fall and spring only), priority consideration for study abroad scholarships, and much more.
In order to compete for an Honors Transfer Fellowship, an applicant must:
- first apply for undergraduate admission to Middle Tennessee State University well before the February 15th admissions deadline (students must already be admitted to MTSU in order to complete the online Honors Transfer Fellowship application);
- complete the online Honors Transfer Fellowship application by February 15, 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (more information regarding the application is included below);
- have a college or university GPA of at least 3.5 (from all institutions attended to date);
- be on track to have completed at least 60 credit hours of college work before Fall 2020 classes begin (students who have already transferred and started at MTSU before the Fellowship start date are eligible to apply for this scholarship);
- provide the Honors College a transcript of all college and university work completed;
- write an essay on the topic found in part B of the online application; and
- submit two letters of recommendation from college professors.
The preceding requirements are minimal. Successful applicants generally possess qualifications that equal or surpass those required for other MTSU academic scholarships.
The deadline for submission of this completed application is February 15 of the year of fall enrollment. Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance during March or April. With this notification will come an Acceptance Form for the student to complete. In the Acceptance Form, the student makes a firm commitment to accept (or reject) the fellowship offer by May 1 and to accept the responsibilities of an Honors Transfer Fellow. Among these is a pledge to:
- uphold the ideals espoused in the Honors Creed;
- participate fully in a specially designed Transfer Fellowship Seminar during the first semester; and
- make progress toward graduation according to benchmarks set by the Honors College.
Please note that the Honors Transfer Fellowship course requirements cannot be completed as an online (or evenings-only) program.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Special directions for completing your Transfer Fellowship
Four Steps for the Transfer Fellowship Application
1. APPLY TO MTSU.
Please apply to MTSU ASAP if you have not done so already. The Honors Transfer Fellowship Application
cannot be started until your general admission’s application has been finalized. It
is best to complete your application to MTSU in December or early January.
Admission questions can be directed to email@example.com or 615-898-2233.
2. CREATE YOUR PIPELINEMT ACCOUNT
Once you have applied to MTSU, you will receive your M-number by mail, which you can
use to create your PipelineMT account. You will need your PipelineMT User Name and
Password to access the Transfer Fellowship Application Form.
If you have applied to MTSU and have not yet received your M-number by mail, then contact Judy.Albakry@mtsu.edu with the following:
a. Full Name (First, Middle, Last)
b. Date of birth
c. Home Address
If your M-number is in the system, then we will send it to you. With this M-number, you will then create your PipelineMT account.
To create your account, browse to PipelineMT in a web browser, click “New User” and then click on the “Students” button.
More information on creating your student PipelineMT account can be found here: http://www.mtsu.edu/itd/student-accounts.php.
If you have technical issues with your PipelineMT account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-898-5345.
3. START YOUR TRANSFER FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Once your Pipeline user name and password is set up, you may start your Transfer Fellowship
Application using the same User ID and password. The link to the application is below.
To help avoid technical issues, use Google Chrome to complete your application.
The Transfer Fellowship Application requires an essay and two letters of recommendation to be sent to the Honors College. Recommendation letters may be sent to the email or mailing address listed below in part four of these instructions. Recommendation letters must be emailed or postmarked by February 15, 2020.
We highly recommend that you complete and submit your application several days before the application deadline as the Honors College is not responsible for technical issues or other computer issues that may occur. Completed applications must be submitted by February 15, 2020 by 11:59 p.m., Central Standard Time (CST). No exceptions to this deadline will be considered.
4. A COPY OF YOUR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS MUST GO DIRECTLY TO THE HONORS COLLEGE.
In addition to sending your official college transcripts to the admissions office as part of the general admission’s process, you must take an additional step and send a copy of your transcripts to the Honors College.
Options to submit transcripts to the Honors College (select one):
- Upload them directly into your Transfer Fellowship application. Look for the link called “College Transcripts.” Unofficial copies are fine at this stage.
- Have them emailed directly to Sandra.Campbell@mtsu.edu either by your college or you. It is fine if you scan the transcripts yourself. Emails must be sent by February 15, 2020.
- Mail official copies to the Honors College at: MTSU Honors College, Transfer Fellowship Application Committee, Box 267, Murfreesboro, TN 37130. Mailed copies must be postmarked by February 15, 2020.
TRANSFER FELLOWSHIP FELLOWS APPLICATION FOR 2020-2021
(only accessible with your Pipeline user name and password)
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED
BY FEBRUARY 15, 2020 by 11:59 p.m., Central Standard Time (CST).
If you have technical issues accessing the application with your PipelineMT account, please contact email@example.com or 615-898-5345.