T.E.A.M. - Transfer Equivalencies
NOTE: Students who are completing the Tennessee Transfer Pathways should follow the requirements at www.tntransferpathway.org and should not use the chart.
T.E.A.M. is subject to frequent revision. By clicking the link below, I agree that I have read and understand the above statement.
Transfer Credit Evaluation Process
All accepted coursework completed at previously attended colleges and universities will be posted to the student's record as part of the admissions process. The processing of courses will be done upon receipt of the student's official transcript(s). The Admissions Office will only post credit if no previous bachelor's degree has been earned.
Students transferring new credits (regardless of term completed) will have grades posted with a leading 'T' (began Summer 2015). Transfer credits will not be calculated in certain GPAs such as the Overall GPA used for graduation or the Overall Combined GPA used for retention. The Inclusive Combined GPA (all grades at MTSU and transfer) is used to determine if a student meets admissions requirements and initial eligibility for university transfer scholarship.
T.E.A.M. (Transfer Equivalencies at Middle) is a helpful guide for students and advisors which shows MTSU course equivalencies from hundreds of colleges and universities across the country. This guide is subject to change as course content changes over time. It is important for students to understand that while courses will transfer, they may or may not apply toward your degree program. If a course does not appear in the list, then an official course equivalency has not been determined by the department yet. Courses and schools will be added to the list as official equivalencies are determined. A class listing on the T.E.A.M. website does not guarantee that it is currently offered at either school.
How to Use/Read the T.E.A.M. Website
- Select the state where your school is located.
- Select the school name.
- A chart will display like the sample below:
|transfer Course||MTSU Equivalent course|
|AAS 0162||Art of Africa/Ocean||ART ELLD||LD: Art of Africa/Ocean|
|AAS 0201||Intro to Afro-Amer||HIST2040||Afro-Amer to 1865|
|AAS 0202||Intro to Afro-Amer||HIST 2050||Afro-Amer Since 1865|
|AAS 0211||Intro to African Stu||AAS 2100||Intro African-American|
|AAS 0310||Intro to Afro-Amer||AAS ELUD||UD: Intro to Afro-Amer|
- Courses equated to ELLD (ELective Lower Division) indicate there is no direct equivalencies and will transfer as lower-division elective credit.
- Courses equated to ELUD (ELective Upper Division) indicate there is no direct equivalencies and will transfer as upper-division elective credit.
- Students will need to work with an advisor to determine how courses that are not listed or how ELLD or ELUD course will apply toward the degree program.
- If you are attending a school that is not listed on the T.E.A.M. website you should check with the Admission's office to ensure your credits will be transferred by calling 615-898-2233.
Register for Undergraduate Admissions Virtual Events
E-mail | email@example.com
Phone | 615-898-2233
Text | 615-645-2646
Student Services & Admissions Center, Room 120
1301 E. Main St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37132