CDFS 4391 / 5391
Aging, Health and Development
Child Development and Family Studies 4391 / 5391 is a fully integrated service-learning course. The purpose of the program is to affect positively the sense of well-being, physical fitness, and health status of older individuals. It also allows students to learn about aging, old age, history, and the different cultures present in our particular environment. AHeAD serves as a catalyst for the integration of various age, racial, and ethnic groups, the University, and the community. Community partners include local senior centers and long-term care facilities. Students may earn three credits per semester as they devote hours to activities and workshops for active and institutionalized elders.
IDES 3700 - Interior Design Visual Presentation I
Students combine rendering techniques, perspective drawing and sketching to design projects.
- Final Renderings Fall 2016
- Final Renderings Fall 2015
- Point Perspective Renderings - Fall 2015
- Christmas Design at Hylabrook Antique Mall Fall 2015
- Autumn Design at Hylabrook Antique Mall Fall 2015
IDES 3710 - Principles of Interior Design
Creative problem solving using basic principles, theories and procedures,
- Spring 2016 Final Boards
- Spring 2016 Hylabrook Antique Valentine Display
- Spring 2015 Hylabrook Antique Display
IDES 3730 -Residential Design I
Analysis of components, materials, and space relative to human scale and habitability.
NFS 4265 - Food Safety and Sanitation
Addresses food safety issues impacting food production, storage and service within the home and service facilities.
TXMD 2200 - History of Fashion
- Spring 2016 "Living History" experience at Oaklands Museum
TXMD 4100- Fashion Promotion
Offers an overview of the sales promotion process in relation to the fashion industry; emphasis on advertising, visual merchandising, special events and fashion show production.
- 2015 "Cosmic Couture" Fashion Runway Show
Department of Human Sciences
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Ellington Human Sciences 100
Department Chair: Deborah Belcher
Telephone: (615) 898-2884
Fax: (615) 898-5130
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30
- Interior Design Entrance Packet
- IDES Application - DUE APRIL 1st
- Textiles, Merchandising, & Design Packet
- TXMD Application - DUE March 1st & October 1st
Use your Pipeline username and password for log in.