Welcome to the Office of International Affairs @ MTSU
Greetings from the Vice Provost for International Affairs
It is my privilege to serve as the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Senior International Officer. As such, I lead a vibrant team of professionals dedicated to the comprehensive internationalization of the campus and to excellent stakeholder service.
MTSU boasts more than 100 partnerships with institutions all over the world. Through these relationships, students have the possibility to study in numerous countries; experience various cultures and explore new ways of being. Faculty have the possibility to find research partners and experience different global perspectives. Moreover, MTSU has a rich history of welcoming international students to study on campus. Currently students from almost 50 different countries call MTSU home. These students enrich the campus, and their distinctiveness adds to our own.
Please take a moment to explore the exciting international opportunities that are available to you as a member of the MTSU community. My team and I encourage you to contact us via email, phone or by stopping by our offices.
I wish you the very best in your international adventure.
International Affairs Annual Impact Report 2020-2021
This document highlights selected accomplishments and statistics from the 2020-21 academic year, an extraordinary time in international education. This annual report is not traditional in that it doesn't present a series of sterile facts and figures. Instead, it is a visual celebration of the work of a dedicated group of International Affairs professionals, a devoted campus, and a vibrant local community. It paints a rich picture of MTSU's global impact.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of International Affairs (IA) is to provide leadership for the comprehensive internationalization of Middle Tennessee State University by fostering growth and development of our international programs and services.
Our Strategic Goals (2021-2026)
- We will equip our students to be successful on an international level by:
- Providing all stakeholders access to international experiences
- Expanding services to support a wide variety of programs, including international internships, noncredit international service, and service learning abroad
- Supporting the recruitment of and programming for our diverse student body
- Introducing faculty workshops to develop new and innovative approaches to internationalizing the curriculum and building global skills
- We will be a community leader in internationalization by:
- Celebrating the importance of internationalism on campus and within the community
- Facilitating programming that supports international competency, inclusion, acceptance, tolerance, and empathy
- Recognizing the international experience and expertise of the MTSU community
- We will provide excellent service to all stakeholders by:
- Offering learning opportunities for staff to interact with peers
- Providing resources that will enhance knowledge of, adoption of, and compliance with standards of best practice
- We will be innovative and nimble in our internationalization efforts by:
- Leveraging our strengths, developing new competencies, and striving for sustainability in our internationalization efforts
- Working to reduce reliance on traditional forms of financial support