F-1 Student Visa Applicants
What Do We Need From You?
If you will attend MTSU on the F-1 student visa please complete the online application and then submit the following for admission:
Official English proficiency score. Your scores must be sent to our office directly by the testing company. We cannot accept these documents from you. Choose one of the following options:
- IELTS score of 5.5 or above: http://www.ielts.org
- TOEFL iBT score of 61 or above (Computer-based 173 or above or paper-based 500 or above. The MTSU institution code is 1466.) https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about
- Duolingo English Test with a score of 85 or above.
- iTEP score of 3.5 or above.
- For transfer students, completion of English 1010 and 1020 at a U.S. university.
- The ELS completion certificate of level 110: https://www.els.edu/en/Find-ELS-Language-Centers/US/TN/Nashville (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nursing and Professional-Pilot degree programs require higher minimum English language proficiency scores: IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 70, Dulingo 95, iTEP 3.8, or ELS level 112.
- If you are funded by an organizartion, please make sure the type of English test is acceptable by the orgnization.
- Proof of English proficiency is not required for international students from countries whose official language is English.
Official Academic Transcripts.
Your official high school or university transcripts must be mailed directly from your high school or university to MTSU. We cannot accept these documents from you unless they have been provided to you in an unopened official envelope with an embossed stamp or inked seal across the flap of the envelope. If you are a transfer student, we will require your high school transcript only if you have completed less than 24 hours of university coursework.
Middle Tennessee State University
International Undergraduate Admissions
1301 East Main Street
208 Peck Hall PO Box 120
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
If you have attended university level courses outside the U.S. then you must have your foreign transcripts evaluated by any one of the Current Members on www.naces.org. A full course by course evaluation is required for all foreign post-secondary course work. You must submit any/all post-secondary course work prior to being admitted. Failure to submit all transcripts can result in your dismissal from our university. MTSU also accepts Credit by Examination.
Before issuing your I-20 for your visa applicaiton, we must receive:
Copy of your passport photo page showing expiration date.
Proof of current financial affidavit of support totaling $36,500. Undergraduate Applicant Financial Form
Proof of Vaccination:
1. Proof of 1 vaccination against Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR). You may take your second vaccination once you arrive on our campus. Please keep in mind there is a 30 day wait period between shot 1 and shot 2. Certificate of Immunization (MMR)
2. Proof of 1 vaccination against Varicella (Chicken Pox). You may take your second vaccination once you arrive on our campus. Please keep in mind there is a 30 day wait period between shot 1 and shot 2. Certificate of Immunization (Varicella/Chicken Pox.
3. Completed Tuberculosis Screening form. Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire Please fill out the form and return both pages with your signature to the International Undergraduate Admissions Office. We will forward it to our Health Services Office. There may be additional testing or X-ray required. If additional testing/X-ray are required a registration hold will be placed on your account by our Health Services Office.
4. Proof of vaccination against Meningitis. If you choose to live in one of our on-campus dorms you must submit the attached form showing vaccination proof for meningitis. Certificate of Immunization (Meningitis)
If you are a transfer student in the US on the F1 Visa:
- Copy of your visa showing issue and expiration date.
- Copy of pages 1-3 of your current I-20.
- Copy of your I-94 record: www.cbp.gov/i94
- Please have your Designated School Official (DSO) at your university or English program complete Section II of the Transfer Verification form, and return it to us. The completed section is proof that you have maintained your immigration status while in the U.S. International Student Transfer Verification Form