Middle Tennessee State University
- B.S. Radio/Television 1983
- Two-time New York Times bestselling author of “Stupid American History” and “America’s Dumbest Criminals” and is a former writer for Saturday Night Live.
- Authored more than thirty books, many of them national best sellers. He has written and sold a screenplay to Disney and optioned another screenplay to Touchstone. He was co-creator of the nationally syndicated TV series, America’s Dumbest Criminals (5-years in syndication).
- Served as head writer and co-executive producer for the PBS series, The Whole Truth.
- Created advertising campaigns for national corporations such as; Hyundai, Captain D’s, International Paper, Cracker Barrel, Dollar General, AT&T, and many more, and has contributed to such publications as Readers Digest, George, and Maxim.
- Leland is an overall nice guy who has no interesting hobbies.