Must Do's for MSPS Students
- You must attend the MSPS Student Orientation.
- If you have any outstanding paperwork with Graduate Studies, including delayed official degree evaluations, GRE scores, etc, these must be resolved for you to register for classes for your second semester.
Second Year (>= 18 hours completed)
- All second-year students are expected to attend each MSPS Internship Presentation Day event and bring copies of their resumes for networking.
- Students are expected to research and be familiar with their industry, including developing relationships with local industry leaders, groups, societies, etc. Students who do not network do not find internships easily.
- Attend an internship planning meeting with Suzanne Hicks to develop an internship search plan at least one semester before your planned internship.
- At the beginning of your final semester, you must fill out an Intent to Graduate form.
- All Internship students are expected to attend the entire day of Internship Presentations.
Additional Important Information
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher or risk academic probation and, eventually, suspension. Students whose GPA drops below 3.0 must immediately set up an appointment with their coordinator to map out a plan to raise it and address any issues.
- Only 2 C's can count towards your degree.
- Repeating a course does not replace the previous grade for that course: students must complete paperwork with their coordinator to replace a course grade. This can only be done twice, and only one time per course (ie, you cannot use your 2 repeats on the same course).