National Student Exchange
Study away and experience new places, ideas and cultures.
You will challenge your perceptions and create memories that last a lifetime!
The National Student Exchange provides a unique and exciting opportunity for students who wish to study away for an academic year, one semester or a summer at one or more of about 165 institutions in the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Students go on exchanges for many reasons, including:
- Taking courses not available on their home campuses
- Enhancing personal growth and independence
- Spending time in a different region
- Immersing themselves in diverse cultural settings
- Investigating graduate and professional schools
- Engaging in research
- Exploring career options, and even
- Preparing for international exchange!
To be eligible, students:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at MTSU
- Must have a cumulative 2.75 GPA the semester prior to exchange
- Must be in good standing academically, personally, and financially (e.g., no conduct/disciplinary/academic integrity issues)
- Cannot exchange within the first 30 credit hours of college
- Cannot exchange during the final semester of enrollment before graduation (without special permission)
- Must submit a completed application, pay a non-refundable $150.00 application fee, and participate in an interview with the MTSU NSE Coordinator to be approved
- Must complete a variety of items AFTER placement is made, including, but not limited to: all required paperwork, a pre-departure orientation, confirm their financial aid requirements with the financial aid office, and other items as they may arise.
- MTSU students cannot exchange within the state of Tennessee