Submit to Off Center
Email all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal Submission Guidelines for Manuscripts and Artwork:
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry may be single spaced.
- Submission limitations: Up to 20 pages total; no more than 2 prose and 5 poems
- All manuscripts should be formatted in a readable (12 point) font with at least 1-inch margins
- Please include your full name on the manuscript
- For artwork, please include the title of the piece and the medium of composition (e.g. “Photo”/Watercolor)
- All submissions and commentaries (see below) should be emailed to email@example.com
Regardless of medium submitted, your submission should include a composer’s commentary of up to 500 words. Things you could discuss include but are not limited to:
- What are your writing inspirations?
- What inspired you to create this piece, specifically?
- What were some influences which guided you?
- What was your writing process for this work? Did you go through multiple drafts?
- Did you have a way of composing the piece, like a storyboard or an outline?
- Did you learn anything from this experience about yourself as a writer?
Questions about commentaries? Email us.
For the Written Word:
We welcome content across a variety of genres, including essays, personal writing, creative nonfiction, all kinds of fiction, and poetry.
Any video or sound project should be submitted as a link.
Who can Submit:
We welcome submissions from all members of the MTSU community: students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Applicants do need have to a MTSU email address to apply to our journal. Please email us your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org from your MTSU email.
A Note on Copyright, Creativity, and Integrity:
It goes without saying (but we will anyway), that you should be the original creator of your art—be it written or otherwise. Additionally, content must be unpublished elsewhere.