Online Faculty Mentor (OFM) Program
The Online Faculty Mentoring (OFM) Program was created in 2005 as a continuous online course development quality improvement process for the university.
Only full-time, MTSU faculty who develop online courses and who have completed the required training are eligible to serve as OFMs.
MTSU Online Faculty Services funds MTSU faculty participation in the required training, as budgets permit. Interested full-time professors may contact the office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (615-904-8276) for information.
In support of the OFM program (budgets permitting), MTSU Online provides funding for:
- Online instruction certification
- OFM attendance at faculty development workshops/seminars/conferences related to online instruction
- OFM mentoring and peer review compensation ($150 per course assignment) paid annually
OFM Peer Training
All new OFMs are mentored by an experienced OFM who serves as a trainer prior to the first peer reviews and as a resource during the first peer reviews conducted by the new OFM. The mentor/trainer reviews the OFM Guidelines and Handbook [MOVE THIS DOCUMENT TO Faculty Services under MTSU Online] with the new OFM which includes the following:
- Self-Evaluation and Peer Review Form;
- How and when course assignments are made;
- The role of the OFM Program;
- Mentoring process;
- Course designer self-evaluation;
- Department Chair approval;
- OFM compensation.