R.A.D. Self Defense
What is R.A.D.?
Rape Aggression Defense Systems is NOT a martial arts program. R.A.D. is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women only course, that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and risk avoidance; followed by hands on instruction in defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault. It utilizes easy, effective, and proven self-defense tactics. R.A.D. is taught at various colleges, universities, and municipal law enforcement agencies as well as various other community organizations internationally.
What does R.A.D. Provide?
- Reliable, professional training by nationally certified instructors
- Practical self-defense options that specifically apply to gender physiology and mind set
- A continuum of strategies to counteract assaults by strangers and acquaintances
- Integrity and compassion for participants
- A lifetime return guarantee
Who will be teaching the course?
- All R.A.D. classes are sponsored by the University Police
- All R.A.D. instructors are Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified law enforcement officers
- All R.A.D. instructors are nationally certified R.A.D. Systems instructors
Where is the class located?
Classes are scheduled in various locations on the MTSU campus. The spaces chosen are based on location availability, privacy, and ease of access for participants. An exact location of the class will not be made public.
Do I need any prior experience to attend this class? Do I need to be in top physical shape to participate?
No. This program is designed for the average woman with no previous experience or background in physical skills training. Our instructors will make every effort to accommodate for any physical impairments a participant may have.
What is the cost?
The University Police offers this class for FREE!!
Do I have to be a student?
You do NOT need to be a student, faculty, or staff to enroll.
How old do I have to be to sign up for the course?
Any female age 13 and older may register for the class.
What is the attendance policy?
The class offered at MTSU is 15 hours total in length and meets for 3 hours weekly. The breakdown of hours per session will vary depending on location availability. The hours per session will be included in the class announcement section. Please make sure you are committed to attending all of the classes before you register as we have limited spaces available and we typically have people waiting to attend.
What should I wear for class?
Please remember that this is an interactive self-defense course. Students may wear loose fitting clothing, workout clothing, or street clothes. Please do NOT wear open-toed shoes or heels. Athletic shoes are recommended. Also no jewelry of any kind should be worn during the class.
For more information
Contact the R.A.D. instructors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register?
Click here to register!
- Be sure to print and complete the registration forms found on the registration site
- A registration form needs to be filled out for each participant
- If you have family or friends that you wish to include please have them register individually.
- If you are under the age of 18 please be sure to print a Parental Consent Form and have it signed by a parent/guardian.