ABM - Accelerated Bachelor to Masters Program
The ABM Program allows student to earn a Bachelors and Master’s degree in 5 years by allowing qualified students to count up to 12 graduate credit hours toward both the B.A. or B.S. in International Relations and the M.A. in International Affairs.
Students should apply as a Junior and upon completion of a minimum of seventy-five (75) credit hours in the undergraduate program, including Advanced Placement credits. Transfer students must have completed a minimum of two semesters as full-time students at MTSU.
To apply online to the Graduate College, click here
In addition to the specific requirements of the College of Graduate Studies policy on Accelerated Bachelor’s / Master’s degree programs, students in this ABM program will have to meet the following requirements.
- Must fulfill the requirements for a B.S. in International Relations. Students should complete PS 3210, PS 3001, and PS 3220 to be eligible for admission.
- In the third year, participating students should complete the two minors required for the BS in IR degree.
- In the fourth and fifth years, the student will complete:
- Six hours of political science graduate electives, which will count towards both degrees.
- Six hours of graduate level interdisciplinary electives, which will count for both degrees.
- Complete further courses to fulfill the requirements of the 120 credit hours for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Complete the required core courses PS 6100, PS 6200, PS 6400, PS 6500.
- Complete the required concentration core courses (PS 6110 or PS 6210), (PS 6120 or 6220), PS 6170/6640 Literature Review/Thesis, or PS 6290 Practicum.
For more information contact: Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Political Science, MTSU, Peck Hall 209, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, (615) 898-2708 or Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org.