- The post office has free Priority Mail and Express Mail boxes available for shipping your packages. Padded envelopes are available for a nominal fee.
- Packages must be in your name that you signed up with the University when first coming to school. A preferred name is allowed providing it is on file with the University. No nicknames are allowed. Packages also need to have your campus box number on them. Only students living in the dorms are allowed a campus box, thus are allowed to have mail and parcels shipped here. Others will need to ship your parcels directly to your apartment or home.
- When a package is received for you, we will send you an email and/or a text message. A MTSU ID card is required to retrieve any package. We will send a second notice in five days and a final notice after 25 days. Your package will be returned after 30 days.
- If you are unable to pickup your parcel, you can forward your MTSU notification email to a friend, and also put the manager of Post Office name in the CC: part of your email so we know you have approved this. The friend picking up the parcel will be required to show their MTSU ID as well.
- Faculty/Staff, if student workers are picking up parcel for you, print out your MTSU notification email and give to them to present at the customer counter. The student worker will be then required to show their ID.
- When you graduate, be sure to leave your forwarding address. You can do this through Pipeline under the Student tab/Registration.
- If you receive unsolicited or unwanted mail, simply write "refused" on the piece of mail and return it unopened. Postage is not required for returning mail when it is unopened. Mail which has been refused by the addressee will be returned to sender or disposed of, in accordance with postal regulations.
- Debit/Credit cards are now accepted at the campus post office. US Postal Service Money Orders may only be purchased by cash or debit card. There is a $700 limit on debit cards.
- Personal checks are accepted for all services except postal money orders, with proper ID.
- When you leave to go home for the summer, please be sure to give us a change of address
for your mail. You can do this on Pipeline, type in username and password. On right side you will see the forwarding Tab.
- Be sure to check your mailbox regularly. If you need to know your box number or combination, see the information in FAQ
- It is important to have your correct name and PO box number on your mail, otherwise it might be returned.