Businesses are looking for successful sales professionals who are goal-oriented, eager to build relationships, initiative-taking and enthusiastic. Through coursework, experiential learning, extracurricular activities, and interaction with sales professionals, our students prepare for the transition into the business world.
MTSU’s Professional Selling Concentration helps students:
- Build professional communication skills through practice in the Mel Adams State Farm Agent Professional Sales Lab
- Develop self-confidence
- Become critical thinkers and problem-solvers
- Learn through application-based courses
- Be ready to start a sales career and generate results
- Connect with professionals through the IGA Office of Professional Sales
The IGA Office of Professional Sales has been established to deliver innovative sales education to meet the needs of area businesses.
Becoming a Partner
Over 4,000 positions are expected to open annually in Tennessee, making sales a lucrative field open to recent graduates.* This makes competition for hiring entry-level sales graduates fierce. Become a sponsor of the Professional Sales Program to access interns and full-time candidates.
Benefits of sponsorship
- Build your company brand on campus
- Visit classrooms
- Participate in special events
- Host job shadows
- Mentor students
- Hire interns
- Attend career events
- Participate in the advisory council
- Engage with students in and out of class
- See students in action
These activities allow you to get to know students well before graduation, assessing and determining which new graduates would be right for your company. There are several levels of sponsorship.
To learn more about how your business can become a partner with the IGA Office of Professional Sales, contact Thom Coats (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Insurance Group of America Office of Professional Sales
Mel Adams State Farm Agent Professional Sales Lab