Master of Music (M.M.)
The School of Music offers a Master of Music degree with eight specializations, but the program is interdisciplinary, with a vocalist in a classroom beside a composer beside a musicologist, etc. Internationally renowned faculty members perform, compose, teach, conduct, publish, and present their research or music continually, from South Korea to Costa Rica to Rome. A low faculty-to-student ratio enables high-quality personalized instruction and collaboration. Instrumentalists are involved in coaching undergrads from the beginning, and graduate assistants enjoy opportunities reserved for doctoral students at other institutions. Students and faculty benefit from and contribute to Nashville’s nearby music industry and arts scene.
Middle Tennessee State University has been accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) since 1970. In the spirit of sharing information related to the program's performance with the public, the following data is provided
Enrollment and Degrees Conferred
Master of Music Specializations
- Music, Collaborative Piano Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Conducting Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Jazz Studies Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Music Composition for Contemporary Media Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Music Composition Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Music Education Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Musicology Specialization, M.M.
- Music, Performance Specialization, M.M.