The Mastering Lab (also known as Lab A) is a multimedia classroom used primarily for audio production courses that require reference monitoring with or without DAW integration. The lab supports in-the-box mixing, audio mastering (with hybrid digital and analog signal processing) and media authoring.
Genelec 8260A three-way active DSP monitors with GLM Autocal system (two-channel stereo). Discrete Research/Coastal Acoustics/Boxer monitors (5.1 surround). Distributed headphone amplification to 24 seats.
Digital Audio Workstation
- Merging Technologies Pyramix MassCore with Horus networked audio I/O and conversion
- Avid Pro Tools with RME UCX audio I/O and conversion
- Apogee Rosetta 200 ADC/DAC and digital format converter
- Audio applications include iZotope Ozone Advanced, iZotope RX Advanced, and Sonoris DDP Creator Pro
Analog Audio Processing
- Crookwood M30 Mastering Console and Monitor Controller
- Millennia NSEQ-2 Dual-Topology equalizer
- Manley Vari-Mu mastering compressor
- Additional patch points for Technics turntable, converters, and check-out equipment
- Flexible video signal routing, dual flat-panel displays, and installed projection
- CD-R burning and playback
- Blu-ray, DVD and SACD playback