Grant Writing Enhancement Program (GEP)
The Grant Writing Enhancement Program (GEP) is a professional development experience of direct individual and group support for faculty and administrators, regardless of their level of grant writing experience.
The goals of the Grant Writing Enhancement Program include:
- Prepare scholars to be leaders in their fields.
- Strengthen a culture across campus of expectations, opportunity, and rewards for faculty engagement in sponsored programs.
- Increase the number of faculty and administrators successfully engaged in grant writing at MTSU.
- Increase the number and dollar value of externally funded projects, programs, and centers across the university.
To meet these goals, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs has developed a 3-year curriculum consisting of the following components: professional development, grant writing, and award management.
GEP Enrollment period is currently closed.
Upcoming GEP Events:
Click on the fall calendar to register for workshops.
Introduction to the Grant Writing Process
Tuesday, November 2nd, 1:00-2:00 pm
Presented by Dr. Greg Rushton, Dr. Sarah Gwinn, Dr. Ryan Otter, and Dr. Ben Stickle
via Zoom (Zoom information provided upon registration)
Hear from veteran grant writers at MTSU to learn their secrets to success and bring your toughest questions and challenges to discuss in this interactive and engaging session.
Past GEP Events:
Creating a Professional Development Plan
September, 28th, 1:00-2:00 pm
At this session, Dr. David Butler, Vice Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies, Dr. Gregory Rushton, co-Director for the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and guest presenters will elaborate upon the following:
- The importance of creating a Professional Development Plan (PDP)
- Offer advice and insight into do's and don'ts when creating your plan
- Review sample plans
- Review CVs of MTSU Scholars to emulate, as a guide for creating a plan
- Outline next steps.
Introduction to GEP
Tuesday, September 7th, 1:00-2:00 pm
Dr. Gregory Rushton, co-Director for the ORSP, and current GEP members present an overview of the program, review the curriculum
and expectations, and outline next steps for those who wish to join the program.
If you have questions about the program, please contact:
Jamie Burriss, Ph.D.
MTSU Sponsored Programs Scholars Directory
Scholars Directory is a catalog of funded proposals from July 2015 to the present. The directory will allow you to search by the primary investigator's name, department, grant title, as well as gain details regarding the funding sponsor and program.