Honors College Undergraduate Research
TSEC is currently accepting applications for early career research opportunities for students interested in gaining research experience.
How to Apply
- Choose a Project
- Review the available Research Projects and choose one or more project(s) to pique your interest. Keep note of the Principal Investigator (PI) that is listed underneath the project(s) of your interest and determine why you would want to work with them. When you apply, you will have the option to pick up to three projects.
- Prepare a Cover Letter
- Your cover letter should contain a brief introduction to yourself along with any relevant experience, accomplishments, skills and interests. The letter should reveal not only what you will be able to bring to the center, but what you hope to get out of the experience.
- Obtain an Unofficial Transcript
- Navigate to Registration & Student Records within PipelineMT.
- Under Academic Records, select "Transcript View - Unofficial".
- Trascript Level: All Levels
- Transcript Type: Advising-Unofficial Transcript
- Look for the "Click here to Print Unofficial Transcript (Chrome and FireFox Only)" link near the top of the page.
- Do not print your transcript! You want to save it as a PDF so it can be uploaded in the application.
- Submit an Application
Email us if you have have questions about any portion of the application process!
820 Fairview Avenue
Fairview Building, Suite 102
MTSU Box #82
Murfreesboro, TN 37132