Ways to Earn College Credit
Prior Learning Assessment
PLA credit can be used in our undergraduate degree programs within the University College as well as select other programs at MTSU. Our degree programs are:
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies
To learn more about this program, call 615-898-5236.
Other Ways to Earn Credit
Military Service Credits
Students who have served in the Reserves, National Guard, or Armed Forces may be eligible for college credit.
- Submit a DD214. Students not separated from military service may submit their most recent LES statement.
- Submit a Joint Services Transcript (JST): http://www.jointservicestranscript.com
- Students who attended the Community College of the Air Force are required to submit an official copy of their CCAF transcript: Community College of the Air Force Transcript
Students may earn college credit for acceptable scores on the:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Foreign Language Tests
- Advanced Placement Examinations (AP) of the College Entrance Examination Board
- American College Testing Program (ACT)
- International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
Examinations are administered by Testing Services, 107 Keathley University Center. (615-898-2863)
Credit by Special Examination
Students should contact the Admissions Office for forms, and request approval from the Department Chair.
Complete details of all options may be found in the MTSU Undergraduate catalog.
How can we help?