Upcoming Events and Important Deadlines
- Fall URECA Workshop - Tuesday, August 27th, 2019, 3:00-4:00pm in the Student Union
Building, Room 220.
If you have been contemplating applying for a URECA grant or just want to learn more about undergraduate research opportunities, we invite you to join us for this informational workshop. We will go over upcoming research opportunities, how to find a faculty mentor, what you need to include in your proposal including budget items and timeline. Other services offered by the Undergraduate Research Center such as free poster printing, upcoming workshops, how to join our student organization, and travel for conference presentations will also be covered.
- Fall URECA application deadline: Thursday, September 5th, 2019 by 3:00 PM. Application instructions:
- Go to the URECA Information and Applications webpage and download the appropriate PDF form - Scholar or Assistant - for your proposal
- Fill out the form with the help of your project's faculty mentor and save as a PDF
- Go to the URECA application site
- Register for an account
- Confirm your email address
- Following the directions on the website for uploading your application
- Submit your application by 3:00p.m. on September 5th, 2019
- Undergraduate Research OPEN HOUSE – Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 11:00am – 1:00pm, Science
Building atrium on the 2nd floor.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in research to meet current undergraduate researchers, check out their posters, ask questions about how they designed their research, how they selected a faculty mentor, and how they balanced coursework, extracurriculars, and research. If you are interested in presenting at the Open House, please contact Dr. Jamie Burriss -Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu.
For questions about any of our upcoming events, please contact:
Jamie Burriss, Ph.D.