August 2020 Virtual Graduation
Despite COVID-19 forcing the cancellation of our in-person commencement ceremony, we are committed to honoring our graduates. The university will hold a virtual commencement ceremony at 10 a.m. Saturday, August 8th that will be livestreamed on Facebook and YouTube, to recognize the members of the Class of 2020 finishing their degrees over the summer. President Sidney A. McPhee and Provost Mark Byrnes, Faculty Senate President Justin Gardner, and other special guests, will address the graduates and impart words of wisdom as we plan our return to campus in August. The names of all who have applied for summer 2020 graduation will scroll onscreen during the ceremony. Graduate names will also be listed in a special commencement program that will be included in our True Blue Graduation Box.
We're going LIVE on Saturday, August 8th at 10:00 a.m.!
Graduates' True Blue Graduation Box will include:
- MTSU diploma cover (diplomas will be mailed by the end of August)
- regalia including cap & gown (with hood if a Masters/EdS/Doctoral graduate)
- unique blue tassel with 2020 drop
- two (2) commemorative programs
- an invitation to a future ceremony
- an MTSU frame
- an MTSU Alumni bag
- appropriate undergraduate Latin Honors stole if earned
- undergraduate University Honors College cord if earned
- Virtual ceremony card with link
NOTE: Graduation Boxes not picked up during the scheduled pick-up times listed below will be mailed to verified August graduates in late August to the diploma address listed. If your graduation box is not picked-up at the bookstore, the mailed box will not include regalia due to the gown size being unknown. Students who are unable to pick-up their regalia will receive a Jostens ordering link from our Records email during the week of August 10. Students will have the opportunity to have it shipped directly to their home using the Jostens link. There is no charge for the cap and gown, but students will be responsible for shipping/tax charges.
- Friday, July 31 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 1 between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 3 – Thursday, August 6 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 7 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
More student information about summer 2020 graduation, including instructions for verifying your diploma address for the True Blue Graduation Box and diploma, is available in this graduation FAQ and on the University’s official Graduation webpage.
Send us your photos from home once you receive your Graduation Box for a chance to be featured on our socials!
Submit to email@example.com or tag us on Instagram.