Scholarships and Awards
All scholarship applications are due by February 26, 2016. Everyone is encouraged
The Department of Accounting awards several scholarships each year as do many professional accounting organizations. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for these scholarships if they meet the specified eligibility requirements.
The four primary scholarships awarded annually by the MTSU Department of Accounting are:
- The Accounting Alumni Day MS Scholarship
- The Wink Midgett Accounting Scholarship
- The W. Wallace Robertson Scholarship
- The Linda and Bill Mooningham Scholarship*
* Applications are not being accepted as scholarship recipient has already been selected for 2016-2017 academic year.
Click here for a complete description of all of the above scholarships and awards,
Click here for a scholarship application. One application can be used to apply for multiple scholarships!
Scholarships are available from many different sources. MTSU's Financial Aid web page is an excellent resource for information about numerous scholarships offered through MTSU and other organizations. For information about these scholarships, click on the links below:
- Incoming Freshman Academic Scholarships
- Currently Enrolled Academic Scholarships
- Transfer Academic Scholarships
- Minority Academic Scholarships
- Tennessee Lottery Scholarships
- Foundation Scholarships
- Private Scholarships
Many scholarships are also available through professional accounting organizations, such as:
- Tennessee Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Government Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association
- American Society of Women Accountants
- National Society of Accountants
- Middle Tennessee Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Murfreesboro Business and Professional Women
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Other scholarships will be announced on this page and via e-mail as they become available. You should check this page on a regular basis for announcements regarding new scholarships.