Scholarships and Awards
All scholarship applications are due by February 28, 2017. Everyone is encouraged
The Department of Accounting awards several scholarships each year as do many professional accounting organizations. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for these scholarships if they meet the specified eligibility requirements. Scholarships will be awarded at the Spring Awards Banquet.
The four primary scholarships awarded annually by the MTSU Department of Accounting are:
- The Accounting Alumni Day MS Scholarship
- The Wink Midgett Accounting Scholarship
- The W. Wallace Robertson Scholarship
- The Linda and Bill Mooningham Scholarship*
*This scholarship will be eligible for Spring 2017! Some years applications are not considered as a past recipient may still hold this scholarship.
New for 2017!
Click here for a complete description of scholarships and awards, including criteria.
One application can be used to apply for multiple scholarships!
Many scholarships are also available through professional accounting organizations, such as:
- Tennessee Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Government Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association
- American Society of Women Accountants
- National Society of Accountants
- Middle Tennessee Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Murfreesboro Business and Professional Women
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Other scholarships will be announced on this page and via e-mail as they become available. You should check this page on a regular basis for announcements regarding new scholarships.