CFP DEADLINE EXTENDED
Proposals Due: January 12, 2015
Call for Proposals
We invite individual or panel proposals for presentations on any topic on women’s
and/or gender issues and debates from all scholars, activists, non-profit professionals,
and graduate students in scholarly fields and disciplines, including the humanities,
sciences, social sciences, education, arts, design, business, law, and sports.
Given our general conference theme, Global Discourses in Women’s and Gender Studies,
we are interested in presentations that provide feminist perspectives of the influence
of global forces on women’s and/or gendered experience, and that examine connections
between local/national and global issues related to gendered existence.
The 2015 conference will highlight education; we therefore encourage submission of
proposals that explore this area of special focus.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Gender equity in education
- Intersections of race, class, gender, and sexual orientation in education
- Girls' access to education
- Educating boys
- Gender in STEM education
- Education and religious (in)tolerance
- Education and technology
- Education and economic development
- Health and wellness education
- Education and personal development
- Campus sexual assaults/sexual harassment
- Bullying and homophobia in schools
- Women in higher education
- Transnational feminist activism and pedagogies of empowerment
- Strategies for future engagement of gender issues in education
We welcome a variety of presentation formats, such as individual paper presentations,
panel sessions, roundtable discussions, performances, short films, and posters. We
offer single panel per session conference format. Presentations will be limited to
15 minutes, to be followed by questions and discussion. All proposals should meet
the following criteria:
Proposals must be submitted by January 12, 2015
- 250- to 500-word description of presentation in a Word document (for panel submissions,
provide a description of the panel and of each individual presentation)
- One-page bio
- Equipment requests. Please be specific.
Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To continue to create a safe and comfortable space for sharing perspectives and ideas,
and to provide a very satisfying conference experience for participants, we offer
- Very reasonable conference costs. Please see registration information at http://www.mtsu.edu/womenstu/conference/registration.php
- Single panel per session conference format. This format provides the opportunity for larger audiences at sessions, substantive
audience engagement with material presented, and sustained exchange of ideas among
presenters and conference participants. This format also promotes interaction among
conference participants that can contribute to a positive conference experience.
- Professional development workshop. This workshop is free and open to all registered participants.
- Film screening and discussion.
For conference information, please go to http://www.mtsu.edu/womenstu/conference
or contact us at 615-898-5910.