|Mon. - Thurs.||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Sunday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
Campus Recreation is interested in hiring capable, confident students of character who are seeking not only a job, but also a place to learn, lead and grow. Campus Recreation has several distinct departments that provide variety in job duties, as well as scheduling flexibility - including early mornings, nights, and weekends. Some departments require specific student positions to be American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certified (we provide that training once hired). Job applications are accepted all year long.
Current Positions Available
Aquatics is currently hiring lifeguards for summer 2013. Applicants must be at least 16 and be American Red Cross certified. Updates are available. For more information, contact Dr. Pam Footit at 615-898-2255 or 615-898-2104.
MTSU Service Scholarship and Federal Work Study Placement
Service Scholarship and Federal Work Study students may complete their required hours here at Campus Recreation. If you would like to be considered for a position with Campus Recreation to fulfill your hours, please follow the job application process being sure to mark where appropriate that you are a Service Scholarship or FWS recipient. (Keep in mind, submitting an application does not a guarantee placement with Campus Rec).
Field Study and Internships
Campus Recreation may offer Field Study, Practicum, and Internship opportunities to qualified students. We conduct a thorough application and interview process for candidates to help them build job search and interview skills as well as to ensure a proper match both for the candidate and Campus Rec. (Application for Field Study, Practicum, or Internship is not a guarantee of placement with Campus Recreation.)
To be considered for Field Study, Practicum, or Internship candidacy, please turn in the following three items at the Rec Center office by the appropriate deadline:
Field Study, Practicum, and Internship Deadlines: Spring Semester - December 1,
Summer Semester - April 15,
Fall Semester - April 15
HOW TO APPLY FOR A POSITION WITH CAMPUS RECREATION
1. Fill out and print the online job application or pick one up in the Campus Recreation office. We are located in Room 101 of the Health, Wellness, and Recreation Center, and our office is open Monday - Friday between 7:30am - 5:00pm. If you are interested in applying for the MTSU Mascot "Lightning" position, click here.
2. Answer all questions.
3. Note and answer the questions regarding Presidential or Service Scholarship and/or Federal Work Study if this is the type of position you are seeking.
4. Choose three departments (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) you are most interested in working. Individual departments have unique job duties so take a moment to look at the position descriptions to choose what interests you the most.
5. Page Two of the application has a section for your availability. It is important to check the time slots you would be available to work.
6. Return the completed application to the Rec Center office, or FAX the application to (615) 898-5568. The office is open 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.