ACIS Tip-Off Classic 2015
Think you have a basketball team bigger and better than the rest? Test that assumption during the Tip-Off Classic Feb. 20-22 when teams from around the region will converge to determine who has bragging rights to the title and earn the opportunity to play in the NIRSA National Tournament hosted by The Ohio State University. Winners of last year's tournament were the UNA Lions and the MTSU Lady Raiders and we are expecting teams to be gunning for them this year.
So here is the info you need to get your team involved in the action:
Dates: Friday, Feb. 20 - Sunday, Feb. 22
Location: Campus Recreation, Middle Tennessee State University, 1848 Blue Raider Drive, Murfreesboro. TN 37132
Format: Teams will be placed in pools for round robin play. Bracket play will be single elimination with the number of teams advancing dependent upon total number of tournament teams per division.
Divisions: Men and women (Roster limit of 12 players and 2 coaches)
ENTRY FEE: $250.00 per team
Make certified check or money order payable to: MTSU Campus Recreation.
MAIL PAYMENT TO:
MTSU Campus Recreation (c/o David Tippett)
TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 13th
MANDATORY CAPTAIN’S MEETING: Friday, Feb. 20, time TBA
Team Check-in begins at 4 p.m., Friday, Feb. 20
Team check-in & captain’s meeting will be held at Campus Recreation
Pool play games begin Friday evening for some, if not all, teams.
Schedules will be e-mailed to all team captains and will be posted on IMLEAGUES.COM. All team captains will be called regarding their first scheduled game.
- All current students/faculty/staff of the specific university/college represented are eligible to play. No alumni are eligible even if eligible by your school’s intramural rules.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (Graduate or Undergraduate) at the university they are representing.
- Staff must be full-time and receive benefits from the university.
- The tournament will be governed by NFHS rules unless otherwise noted.
- Teams should bring a set of jerseys. Jerseys must have a visible number on at least one side.Teams should also bring their own basketballs for warm ups. Reversible jerseys or two separate jerseys are recommended.
- Game balls will be provided by the tournament.
- Awards will be given to the tournament champions and runner-ups.
- The tournament winners will have their entry fees paid to the NIRSA National Tournament hosted by The Ohio State University.
- All-Tournament Team will be presented with trophies / plaques
- Tournament T-shirts will be provided.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: David Tippett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 615-898-5341; FAX: 615-898-5568