MTSU employees should review the Warehouse Procedures for Storage of Deparmental Property before surplusing an item.
To surplus an non-inventory item, complete the MTSU Surplus Form for Non-Inventory Items.
To surplus or transfer an inventory item (that has an MTSU inventory tag), complete the MTSU Surplus Form for Inventory Items .
Please call 898-2959 for an appointment to view surplus items in the warehouse.
- All equipment must be serviceable, operational, and in good working order.
- A warehousing request form must be completed. A complete description is required for
items to be stored. The request must be signed by the requistioner and the department
head. A copy of this request can be obtained through the Department of Receiving and
- Equipment or items need to be boxed for storage.
- Reasonable care will be taken to insure the safe keeping of all items stored. Keep
in mind that all items are subject to damage during moves in and out of the warehouse.
- Periodic review of all stored items will be performed by the warehouse staff.
- No flammable or explosive material may be stored.
- It is the intent that warehouse space be only used for storage of items for a short
period of time. This excludes archiveable material. All archiveable material must
not be stored any longer than the state requires.
- When a department determines the items are no longer needed, they must immediately
notify the warehouse manager.
- After 12 months in storage the warehouse manager will notify the department. The department
will then choose to be billed for another year of storage or have the property declared
- Warehousing has the right to refuse any items that in its opinion should not be put
- Warehouse space will be charged to the storing department at a cost of $5 per square foot per year. There will be a one-year minimum charge.
If you have any questions about warehousing or surplus property please contact Derek Vincion at extension 2959.
Provided below is the surplus furniture inventory. We will diligently try to update the list at the beginning of every month. Please call ext 2959 for an appointment to view surplus items in the warehouse.