2014 Fall Elections
Let your voice be heard and vote for your Homecoming King & Queen on September 29
- October 2. If you would like to apply for king or queen, pick up an information
packet in the SGA Office, Student Union 306.
Important Election Dates and Deadlines
- September 2 — candidate election packets released, Student Union 306
- September 8 — election packets due by 4:00 p.m., Student Union 306
- September 11 — candidate eligibility announced by email
- September 11 — banner and table signups begin in Student Union 306
- September 17 — mandatory meeting for qualified candidates, Student Union 220, 6:00 p.m.
- September 18 — banners due by 4:00 p.m. in Student Union 306
- September 19 — campaign begins at 12:01 a.m.
- September 29 - October 2 — elections
- Go to www.mtsu.edu/mymt to vote.
- October 3 — homecoming court published
- October 18 — Homecoming King and Queen crowned during half time at the Homecoming football game
- Applicants must meet all requirements of position by 4:00 p.m. on September 8.
- If you qualify to run for the position, remember that there is a mandatory candidate meeting on September 17 in Student Union 201 at 6:00 p.m. If you do not qualify, you will be notified in advance.
- You have been furnished a copy of the Electoral Act. Any violation will be brought
before the Election Commission and could be grounds for immediate disqualification
- Click here to file an election complaint.
- If you would like a banner (must have reinforced GROMMITS) hung in the Student Union, sign up for a slot and have your banner(s) completed NO LATER than September 17 at 4:00 p.m.
- Elections will begin at 8:00 a.m. on September 29 and end at 11:59 p.m. on October
About SGA Elections
SGA Elections are held every fall and spring. Special elections may also be held. The MTSU Electoral Act establishes clear, proper and equitable procedures for conducting university elections and establishes minimum qualifications for candidates for Student Government Association offices.
For more information, please call the SGA VP of Campus Relations at 904-8095.