Undergraduate Research Center
- Thursday, August 25, 4:30 pm: Workshop - "How to Apply for URECA" - BAS S270. Special workshop for faculty at 3:30 in BAS S270.
- Thursday, September 1, 4:00 p.m.: Fall URECA application DEADLINE
- Wednesday, September 21, MTSU TELS/USSS Meeting online abstract Deadline (see TELS below).
- October 7, 2016, 4:00 PM: Deadline for Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) for 2017 Spring term
- Friday, October 21, 8:00-4:30: MTSU hosts the 2nd Annual Tennessee Experiential Learning Symposium (TELS). Find out more about how to submit your abstract here. TELS will be held at the MTSU Student Union.
- November 22, 2016: Deadline for applications for Posters at the Capitol
- January 26, 2017: Spring URECA application deadline
- March 27-31, 2017: SCHOLARS WEEK
- March 30, 2017: Summer URECA application deadline
- January 10 Oak Ridge National Lab Internship Deadline.
- Feb 1 ORNL Higher Education Research Experiences (HERE) Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
URC Funding Statistics
The MTSU Undergraduate Research Center was created in 2004 to promote research at the undergraduate level and to provide university support for undergraduate students and the faculty members who mentor them in scholarly and creative activities. This includes providing information and financial support through grants.
Although the URC administers the university funds dedicated to undergraduate research through Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) grants, the URECA Committee evaluates proposals based on merit. This committee is composed of accomplished and passionate faculty representatives from all 5 colleges at MTSU. Programs that involve undergraduate research on campus include: MTSU Honors College, TLSAMP, Tennessee Space Grant, Geoenvironmental Challenges REU, and First STEP.
As part of the Office of Research, the Undergraduate Research Center (URC) mission is to be the central hub for communication about undergraduate research grant programs and other related opportunities on and off campus and to distribute university funds for undergraduate research and creative projects and travel to disseminate results.
The URC is pursuing its vision to nurture a culture of research and creative activity at MTSU through support for undergraduate students and their faculty mentors.
Implement the goals of the University's Academic Master Plan related to the URC mission with the following values:
- Excellence in research, scholarship, and creative projects
- Opportunities for student-centered learning
- Productive internal and external collaborations and partnerships
- Success in academic and professional careers of our undergraduate students and their faculty mentors
Follow us on Facebook!