The Writing Center offers a number of ways for writers to get support for projects and assignments. Find one below to fit your needs!
- Face-to-face session: A 45-minute session where writers may work on any kind of writing including traditional essays, creative writing, speeches, multi-modal projects, and more!
- Online session: A 45-minute session where you'll communicate in real time with a Writing Center consultant through WCONLINE, our online scheduler. Please note: due to the limitations of our online software, we are not able to work with topics pertaining to formatting.
- Writing Partnership: A program that allows writers to meet weekly with a Writing Center consultant and work toward the writer's goal(s). For more information or to request a Writing Partner, see our Writing Partnership page.
- Group tutoring: Have a group group project? Make an appointment in which a Writing Center consultant will facilitate collaboration on your project. All group members must be present for a group session and working on a single project.
- To access the schedule, please go to https://mtsu.mywconline.com.
- If you don't already have a WCONLINE account, select "click here to register." Fill out the following form using your MTSU email address and choose whatever password you'd like.
- All appointments are 45-minutes, but they must be made in one-hour blocks on the schedule. Make sure that you choose a slot that has a full hour available when scheduling your own appointment.
- You may also make appointments via phone! Please call us at 615-904-8237.
- Be as detailed as possible when making your appointment. The more we know about you need from your Writing Center session, the better prepared we can be when your session begins.
- Show up on time, and be prepared with whatever assignment you are working on. If you are working on a class assignment, bring the assignment guidelines.
- If you will need to print your paper for your session, show up a few minutes early so that you use of all of your session time.
- Feel free to bring your own personal computer or device - we can work from there, too.
- Arrive to your session with an open mind--we will use a variety of writing strategies to help you reach your goals for your session.
- Keep in mind that being more than 10 minutes late equals missing an appointment and counts as a no-show. If you have 2 or more no-shows, appointment making privledges are revoked.