Honors students are strongly encouraged to seek study abroad opportunities. Ideally, students should plan to complete study abroad experiences during the summer or during the fall of the junior year. Students can count a maximum of nine semester hours from study abroad experiences toward the Honors College graduation requirements. In some instances, three hours may apply as upper-division interdisciplinary seminar credit if the course qualifies and approval is granted before the trip dates.
There are four types of approved study abroad programs:
- Consortium programs (e.g. CCSA, KIIS)
- Exchange programs (e.g. ISEP)
- MTSU faculty-directed programs
including HONORS SIGNATURE STUDY AT HOME AND ABROAD PROGRAMS:
Virginia and Washington, DC (TBA)
Thailand (January 2018) - APPLICATION
- Independent programs.
For more Study Abroad general information visit: MT Abroad Office
- Study Abroad Scholarship/Intent Form: Students wishing to receive Honors credit for studying abroad must first complete the Honors Study Abroad Intent Form after meeting with a representative from the MT Abroad Office, Peck Hall 207, (615-898-5091) and then with the Honors College academic advisor, April Goers in HONR 228, (615-898-5464). Intent should be established prior to trip dates. The Intent Form must have the signature of the MT Abroad Office BEFORE it is turned in to the Honors College!
- Honors Study Abroad Scholarships: Students may apply for funding to help finance their Study Abroad Program.