MTSU Chapter of the AAUP
Welcome to the website of the MTSU chapter of American Association of University Professors (AAUP). Since its founding in 1915, the AAUP has played a key part in shaping higher education in the US by promoting quality in education and defending academic freedom. If you have any questions or need to contact MTSU's AAUP chapter, please email 2021-2022 Chapter President Alfred Lutz or at email@example.com.
The purpose of the American Association of University Professors is to advance academic freedom and shared governance, to define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education, and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good.
Each new member of AAUP strengthens our faculty voice on campus and across the state and nation. At MTSU, your AAUP colleagues monitor changes to university policies regarding academic freedom, tenure, and promotion; advocate for better salaries and benefits, including those for adjunct faculty; and assist faculty who believe their rights have been violated.
MTSU Chapter Officers for 2021-2022
- President: Professor Alfred Lutz, English
- President-Elect: TBA
- Secretary-Treasurer and Membership: Professor Raholanda White, Marketing
- Website Manager: Professor Elyce Helford, English
Officers of the Tennessee Conference of AAUP 2020-21
- President: Josephine A. McQuail, Professor, English, Tennessee Technological University
- VP of Public Universities: Mate Weirdl, Mathematics, University of Memphis
- VP of Two-Year Colleges: Kathy Arcangeli, Roane State Community College
- VP of Private Colleges and Universities: Susan Bond, Lane College
- Secretary: Lucy Jewell, University to Tennessee, Knoxville
- Treasurer: Dora Estes, RODP Adjunct, Nashville State Community College
- State Delegates to the AAUP National Convention: Dora Estes and Josie McQuail