Understanding the Basics
MTSU has invested in three pieces of software to assist remote and online instruction. This page offers links to basic instruction on D2L (a.k.a. Brightspace), Zoom, and Panopto.
Desire2Learn (D2L) is MTSU’s online learning management system (LMS).
Visit the D2L Support page to learn how to use the features of D2L effectively and efficiently.
- Bootcamp Workshop
- Attend a Bootcamp workshop prior to the beginning of the fall and spring terms.
- See the workshop schedule to sign up.
- D2L Bootcamp Course
- Self-pace through a D2L course created by FITC to find detailed references and videos for using several features of D2L.
- Learn more and self-register.
- Remote Instruction Standards Course
- Self-pace through a D2L course created by FITC to provide fundamental information
needed to develop a remote instruction/delivery course.
How to access the course
- Login to D2L with your MTSU credentials
- Join the course by clicking the Self-Registrationoption on your D2L Homepage and then clicking the Remote Instruction Standards Course link.Self-pace through a D2L course created by FITC to provide fundamental information needed to develop a remote instruction/delivery course.
- Once enrolled, either move through the course from start to finish or review those areas of remote learning that are unfamiliar to you. Use this course as a reference or refresher at any time. It will be updated regularly and always remain available for your use.
- Self-pace through a D2L course created by FITC to provide fundamental information needed to develop a remote instruction/delivery course.
- Individual Instruction
- We are always happy to help faculty with D2L or any instructional technology. Feel free to schedule an appointment.
Announcement / News Tool
Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom provides remote conferencing services including video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
- View more information on training and support, including one-minute videos and other how-to’s.
Sign Into Zoom
- Go to https://zoom.mtsu.edu.
- Use your MTSU Username (FSA) and Password.
Panopto allows you to create your own videos and embed them in D2L.
- View step-by-step instructions on using Panopto.
- Watch a video about D2L, Zoom, and Panopto Integration.
- Watch a video about how to use Panopto.
- Find more resources and support for Panopto.
The LT&ITC also offers Panopto workshops: see Archived Presentations for a link to a recent presentation.