Student Activities and Events
This career development program was created for students to improve their interviewing skills, to provide networking opportunities, and to connect students with potential employers. IGNITE was originally conceived for majors in the Department of Management and the Department of Marketing, but it has been expanded to include all departments and majors in the Jones College of Business (JCOB). JCOB majors can join IGNITE and earn a certificate while completing career development activities. For details and a complete schedule of IGNITE events, visit the IGNITE webpage.
NEW! INNOVATIVE LEADER CHALLENGE - 2023
WHAT: A contest to examine a current business challenge and to provide creative and novel ideas to solve the challenge.
Access the Challenge and Submission Details at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jUavGju1JyWAH3K1KdvjBXomlgin7yb__NQcRFNEOHA/edit?usp=sharing
WHO: for Jones College of Business majors and minors
WHEN: March 15, 2023 - Contest opens
March 31, 2023 by 11:59 pm (Central Time) - Deadline for submitting an entry (Your idea proposal and a 3-5 minute video explaining your idea)
April 7, 2023 - Finalists Announced
April 19, 2023 - Employer-Student Roundtable. All Students submitting an entry are invited to participate. Finalists are invited to present their ideas for further discussion at the Roundtable.
WHY: PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE BEST IDEA PROPOSALS.
B.E.S.T. Career & Internship Fair 2023
(Business Exchange for Student Talent)
Tuesday, March 21, 2023 // 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: Student Union Ballroom
- Meet employers seeking College of Business majors for professional positions and internships. All Jones College of Business majors are invited to attend! Click here for the room map and Career Fair companies.
- This is a structured career fair. The schedule is listed here: Career Fair Schedule
- Free Professional Portraits (Head Shots) for the first 40 students from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Digital photos suitable for online use.
- Recommendations for students:
- Wear professional attire (business formal)
- Bring several copies of your resume
- Bring a notebook and pen
Business Plan Competition 2023
Supply Chain Management Summit
April 10, 2023 - Multiple rooms in BAS South
We are pleased to announce that the Second Annual Supply Chain Management Summit has been scheduled. Come hear from industry representatives as they lead in-depth discussions on a variety of relevant supply chain issues. Plus, a Supply Chain Management Career Fair is scheduled on the next day, April 11! (See details below.) This event is sponsored by the MTSU Supply Chain Management student organization.
BAS S102 - Opening Session:
- Welcome from Dean Urban
- Explanation of summit schedule and session locations,
- Keynote speaker Bob King, CEO of Sage Freight - Session is "Entrepreneurship & Leadership in Today's Supply Chains"
- special Academics & Practitioners Collaboration session led by Dr. Richard Tarpey
- "Fast Track to Logistics Leadership: Running a Freight Service Center" (Hosted by Old Dominion Freight Lines)
- "Supply Chain Management Logistics, LTL, OTR" (Hosted by KCH Transportation)
- "Lean Six Sigma" (Hosted by Patti Gander, certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and premier consultant)
- "Resume Writing/Professional Development" (Hosted by Omnia Partners)
Supply Chain Management Career Fair
Spring 2023 date: April 11, 2023
Location: Student Union Ballroom
1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
On-campus career fair for industry partners and students. Traditional career fair. Sponsored by the Supply Chain Management student organization.
Institute of Leadership of Excellence
The Institute of Leadership Excellence is a leadership development course for undergraduate students. This unique immersion experience is held during the May S1 term. For more information, visit the ILE webpage.
One-on-One Resume Sessions
Appointments are available during the fall and spring semesters in BAS N140. Appointment is required; Contact Ms. Jean Wilson at Jean.Wilson@mtsu.edu to schedule an appointment.
Supply Chain Management Student Group
Students interested in Supply Chain Management are welcome. Meeting times vary. Contact Dr. Richard Tarpey at Richard.Tarpey@mtsu.edu.