Internship for Credit
- Student Information and Guidelines
- Candidate Data Sheet
- Student Evaluation of Internship Experience
- Final Employer Evaluation of Intern
(For internship opportunities, please visit our job postings link.)
- Open only to accounting majors
- Must have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average
- Junior standing (60 hours) or consent of Internship Coordinator
- Secure internship position that meets with the Accounting Internship Coordinator's approval. The University is not responsible for securing internship positions.
- Must be academically approved by the Internship Coordinator
- Internship Employer must provide a list of activities for the internship
- Student must work a minimum number of hours during the semester of enrollment.
- Internships should include a new learning experience for the student intern
The Student (Intern) agrees to:
- Complete a Candidate Data Sheet for the Coordinator's approval.
- Work a minimum number of hours for three hours of college credit
- Act in a professional manner, maintain confidentiality, be open to constructive criticism through the internship, and comply with the rules, policies, and regulations of the employer.
- Complete course requirements as noted in course syllabus or as approved by the Internship Coordinator
- Complete the Student Evaluation Form, at the end of the internship.
The Accounting Department will:
- Provide the student with three hours of credit for a successfully completed (minimum number of hours worked). Credit will be awarded using the pass/fail grading system of the University (P, F).
- Be available to the sponsoring employer should procedural problems arise during the course of the student's internship and to assist the employer with correcting situations that might prevent the successful completion of the internship experience.
The Employer agrees to:
- Provide the intern and the Internship Coordinator with a complete, accurate description of the duties and responsibilities associated with the internship prior to employment.
- Complete the Employer Evaluation Form about the student's performance at the end of the internship.
- Inform the Internship Coordinator of the student's failure to make him/herself available to offered experiences or failure to respect the policies of the employer.
The accounting internship course is not an accounting elective.
Kim Honaker, DBA
MTSU Box 50, BAS N425
Murfreesboro, TN 37132