Welcome to MTSU's College of Education
The College of Education's mission is to provide comprehensive student-centered learning environments through excellence in teaching, basic and applied research, creative endeavors, quality advisement, and diverse partnerships. In addition to being a premier teacher preparation program, the College of Education is characterized by nationally accredited intensive programs that provide knowledge and skills necessary for success in other professional roles in education. Each of these areas involves the following specific goals:
- Coordinate and support instruction, research, public service and professional development
in graduate and undergraduate programs within the college.
- Coordinate, support, and supervise the various undergraduate and graduate majors, minors and programs of the college. Coordinate and facilitate the process of licensure for students seeking Tennessee teacher licensure and professional Certifications.
- Support teaching, public service and professional development activities of faculty members within the College of Education.
- Support and encourage research, creativity, and professional development for faculty, undergraduate and graduate students.
- Support diversity in recruitment and retention of faculty and students.
- Provide preservice preparation and postgraduate professional development of teachers
and other school personnel.
- Support educational programs and services that represent research based best practices, support national and state accreditation standards, and those with learning differences.
- Insure that the essential knowledge and skills to prepare candidates to serve as teachers and in other professional roles within educational settings are offered in teacher preparation programs.