The Department of Media Arts offers numerous scholarships that are available to YOU, the student. Read through the list of scholarships below carefully to see which you qualify for. To apply, please go to the MTSU Undergraduate Scholarships page.
Note: Not all scholarships are awarded every year.
Applications open: October 1st
Applications deadline: February 15th
For questions regarding Media Arts scholarships, please contact Kevin McNulty, Media Arts Scholarship Committee Chair
Country Radio Scholarship
Must be pursuing a degree in the College of Media & Entertainment,
Juniors or Senior with a "B" average or better are preferred, however sophomores may also apply.
Must plan to devote a minimum of 10 hours a week in junior or senior year to working or interning at a commercial radio station.
Must submit a typed formal statement of his or her career goal in 1500 to 2000 words, plus 2 formal letters of recommendation.
David O. and Mary Elizabeth Thomas Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a major within the College of Media and Entertainment annually.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student and be classified as at least a junior majoring in Media Arts.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Must have exhibited great promise for a career in the field of Media Arts.
- Preference shall be given to students that have financial need.
Donna Brake Memorial Scholarship
- Must have declared a major in the Media Arts Department
- Completed at least 30 hours of academic credit.
- Preference will be given to students with an overall minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application, and first-generation college students.
- Need, in its broadest sense, may be considered as part of the selection.
Heather Uffelman Memorial Scholarship
- Must have scholastic achievement of 3.0 GPA or better.
- Must have financial need.
- Emphasis given to students majoring in English or Radio/Television.
- Student must also be a first-time freshman.
- Candidates must complete an essay.
Jeremy Rolfs Memorial Scholarship
- Must be junior or senior status with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- Must have experience on or off campus in Radio, TV, or Photography and be active in the previously mentioned activities.
Les Jameson Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Must be enrolled in the College of Media & Entertainment majoring in radio/television and have a special interest in radio.
Media Arts Scholarship
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours with a 2.8 GPA overall or better.
- Must be majoring in Media Arts.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must have previous radio, television, or media photography experience on or off campus. Must be actively involved in one of the three.
- Preference to a Tennessee resident can be considered.
Michael J. Kettenring Scholarship
- Rising junior or first semester senior majoring in Media Arts.
- Active participation in campus media.
- At least a 3.0 overall GPA.
- Must be enrolled in the Media Arts department in the College of Media and Entertainment.
- Must have financial need (student must file FAFSA).
- Preference will be given to students who have earned 60 hours with an overall minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
- It is the Donor's wish that one $500 scholarship will be awarded to a student in the Photography program, and one $500 scholarship will be awarded to a student in the Video and Film Production program.
Tennessee Association of Broadcasters Scholarship
- Junior or senior standing.
- Must meet published candidacy requirements for Media Arts.
- Stated career interest in a broadcasting or broadcast related career.
- Current active involvement in a radio or television related area.
Tom Berg Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a junior or senior Media Arts major.
- Must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- The recipient should be active or participate in at least one departmental activity or organization.
- Preference shall be shown to candidates that have studied abroad or have definite intentions of studying abroad.